Converting a Golf Sportwagen into a Golf R
This project was such a fun one for the guys back in the shop. We had a customer come in with a 2016 VW Golf Sportwagen looking to do some serious upgrades to get this Sportwagen running more like a Golf R. This vehicle came to us fully stock and in the photos below you can see a full breakdown of everything we did to get this baby decked out, and all within a week!
Here’s a breakdown of all the modifications we did to this vehicle:
- APR IS38 Stage 3 ECU Tune
- IS38 Turbo Upgrade (OEM Golf R Turbo)
- Golf R Big Brake Kit (OEM Golf R Front Brakes)
- APR Cold Air Intake
- APR Secondary Air Intake Filter
- APR Turbo Inlet Pipe / Stage 2 Intake
- APR Silicone Coolant Hose
- APR Front Mount Intercooler
- Turbocharger Installation Kit
- EBC Red Stuff Brake Pad Set
- ECS Stainless Stain Brake Lines
- ST Performance Rear Sway Bar
- Neuspeed Sway Bar Endlinks
- 034 Motorsports Dogbone Mount
- Denso Spark Plugs
- Bilstein PSS10 Coilover Kit
Here are some photos of all the modifications we did on this vehicle.
Overall, after the upgrades we’ve done to this Golf Sportwagen including Golf R brakes, and the Golf R turbo, this Sportwagen can hang with any of the modified Golf R’s out there. Some would even say this could be a Golf R Sportwagen, getting the convience of a wagon with the performance of a Golf R. Although this model is FWD, you can purchase this same model in AWD and then you’re really close to having a Golf R wagon. Have a Golf Sportwagen you want to convert to a Golf R like this bad boy? Give us a call to schedule an appointment today!